Hill Care and the Coronavirus Outbreak
At Hill Care, the health and safety of our residents and staff has been, and will continue to be, our top priority. To ensure this, in March we made the decision to close our homes to all but essential visitors. Although it has been challenging, we would like to thank family members and friends for their understanding and helping us to keep everyone as safe as possible.
As the peak of the pandemic appears to have passed and in accordance with Government guidelines, we have been able to commence with socially distanced visits by next of kin, in the gardens of our homes. In order to make the visits as safe as possible, we are asking everyone to follow these simple guidelines;
To plan a visit
- Please contact your care home and book your visit in advance. This will ensure that we can manage them safely and ensure the appropriate cleaning and hygiene regimes are in place between visits.
- At the start of your visit staff will complete a health screening questionnaire with you and will also take your temperature. If you are showing any symptoms which could indicate covid-19 such as a raised temperature, a new and persistent cough, a loss of taste or smell and a general feeling of being unwell please do not travel to the care home as we may be forced to refuse entry to you.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask and practice social distancing for the duration of your visit. Unfortunately, this means no kissing, hugging or holding hands at present.
- Presents and gifts are allowed but they must be given to staff members before the visit, these will then be sanitised before passing them to your loved ones.
- We can only allow one single constant visitor per resident to visit at any time. At the moment children are not allowed to visit.
- Unfortunately visitors will not be able to use toilet facilities within the care home and refreshments are not available.
- If a case of Covid-19 is identified we must to inform Public Health England and we will need to cancel all visits to the home immediately.
- In the event that Government decides to reimpose restrictions in any areas where our homes are located, we will be forced to cancel visits until the restrictions are lifted again.
As we have done during the last few months, if you are unable to visit your family members at any of our homes or wish to speak to them between actual visits, we will continue to organise video and telephone calls so that you can stay in touch with your loved ones.
Prevention of infection
- In line with current guidelines, we are testing all of our staff teams on a weekly basis with residents receiving tests on a monthly basis. In the event of a positive test residents are cared for in their rooms for 14 days and contact with other residents is limited. If a member of staff tests positive for covid-19 they will self-isolate at home for 14 days.
- We would ask that you continue to practice the hygiene and social distancing guidelines that have been issued by Government.
- Hand washing. It is important that you wash your hands thoroughly before you visit the care home. Please make sure you wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, using either hot water and soap or 60% alcohol sanitiser gel. The NHS has a video guide to effective handwashing.
- Sneezes and coughs. We know that it’s hay fever season and there are many other reasons that cause us to cough or sneeze. However, whilst visiting one of our care homes please make sure you have a tissue on you at all times so that you can catch a cough or sneeze. Remember – Catch it. Bin it. Kill it.
Hill Care will continue to review and update our guidance for our staff, in line with all the Government advice available, in order to protect everyone in our homes.
We want to reassure everyone that Hill Care continues to treat the pandemic with all due caution. We continue to follow Government guidelines and all of our actions are to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff.
If you would like to speak to anyone about the above, please contact your home manager or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.